Once again, we have the opportunity this Christmas season to impact the lives of children at Wilder Elementary, Middle, and High Schools, one of poorest school district in Idaho. The idea for this project was born out of a desire to take the concept of Operation Christmas Child, which sends Christmas shoeboxes all over the world, and bring it to our local Treasure Valley community to serve those in greatest need around us. If you aren’t familiar with I Believe, here are the details:
- Sponsor a child or multiple children: We will have grade-specific tags, one for every child that attends school in the Wilder School District. You may pick up your tag(s) at our table in the lobby after every service starting the weekend of November 17-18. Each tag will come with a corresponding box that will cost $1. Please bring cash to purchase the number of tags/boxes for the children you wish to sponsor.
- Shop for items: In addition to the boxes, we will provide a list of required and suggested items to go in each gift box on your tag(s).
- Boxes are due Sunday, December 9th! A church-wide “Wrap Party” will take place at 3 p.m. on December 9th, to wrap all the gifts, build the “Gift Tree” in the lobby and enjoy some cocoa and treats. The whole family is invited.
- Can I sponsor more than one child? Yes! You may take as many tags as God leads you to. We have nearly 550 children this year, so if you change your mind and choose not to participate, please bring back the tag. We need to make sure every child receives a gift.
- Can I participate in other ways? Yes! If it is physically hard for you to shop, but you would like to give toward “I Believe”, please designate your check “Wilder Outreach” or choose the “Wilder Outreach” option in PushPay. We can also use volunteers to join in the fun and help wrap, organize, load, and transport the gifts to Wilder.
- How can I involve the community? Don’t be afraid to ask your neighbors, local businesses, your child’s class, and/or sports teams to participate. This is a great outreach opportunity for kids!
- Can I donate just one item? We usually end up filling many boxes ourselves as a church. If you have left over Halloween candy, tooth brushes and toothpaste in bulk, socks, toys or anything else we could put in the gifts, we would love the extra help!
- Please contact Karissa R Davis for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208.695.5138