Eastwind Community Church is a local congregation of Christian believers who have joined together for worship, outreach, spiritual growth, fellowship and service to our local community and the world. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in the life of the church, regardless of their level of commitment.
Membership at Eastwind is for those who believe in the message and mission of this particular congregation, and who desire to serve God through a greater level of commitment to its ministry. Often “official” membership is nothing more than a name on a page. At Eastwind, membership implies co-ownership, with all the joys and responsibilities that come with that commitment.
Those who wish to become members are expressing a desire to fulfill the following goals:
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. (Jn. 1:12)
- Regularly attend a worship service, aiming for at least a 70% attendance. (Heb. 10:25)
- Whenever possible, make every effort to participate in a small group study. (2 Tim. 3:14-17)
- Give regularly to the financial support the church in an amount that reflects God’s gifts to you. (Mal. 3:10)
- Serve as a volunteer in at least one area of the of the church’s ministry. (Rom. 12:6-8)
- Develop close and caring relationships within the church, and welcome those who are new. (Jn. 13:34-35)
- Pray regularly for the church, its leaders and its people. (Ephes. 6:18-20)
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude toward the church, while at the same time critically evaluating its ministries and leadership for means of improvement. (Ephes. 4:2-3)
It is understood that some who wish to be members will be unable to fulfill some of these commitments because of health, job, financial hardship or other circumstances. All members are expected to seek to fulfill the requirements to the best of their ability. Membership at Eastwind is an annually renewed commitment.
If you would like to become a member of Eastwind Community Church, please fill out the online Membership Agreement below. We will then contact you to assist you in learning more about Eastwind and to answer any questions you might have. We would love to hear from you!
It is my desire to be a full partner in the mission and ministry of Eastwind Community Church for the next year and to seek to fulfill the requirements of membership to the best of my ability throughout the year.