Eastwind Community Church is seeking a Worship Pastor to assist in planning and leading worship, training and shepherding bands, team leaders, audio/visual team members and coordinating holiday services. This individual must have a deep love for Christ and the giftedness to personally engage a diverse crowd and help bring them to the throne room of God. The position is half-time (approx. 20hr per week) and will begin in October, 2018.
At Eastwind, God has built a culture of community that is accepting and non-judgmental. God has used Eastwind to reach hundreds of “hard to reach” people. People who have had a bad experience with church in the past, or have been put off by their perception of Christians. We have also been successful at reaching out to Christians who (just possibly) may have been a little rigid, dogmatic, judgmental or legalistic. We have helped them to look less like Pharisees, and more like Jesus.
We have poured ourselves into ministry for young people. We have made a difference in our community and in our world by investing in clean water projects for Kenya and Mexico, in academic sponsorships for over 200 impoverished Kenyan children, and in construction of classrooms and computer centers. Locally we have been deeply involved at our most under-resourced schools, our nearby migrant worker camps, and with the many refugees that have come to our city in recent years. We seek to communicate the message of the Bible with creativity and cultural relevance, so that non-believers will become followers of Christ, and believers will grow in a faith that is active, positive and relevant.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders.
- A solid philosophy of worship.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Proven ability to delegate responsibilities and manage personnel and volunteers.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Significant experience serving in a similar capacity is desired.
- Talented singer.
- Ability to play musical instrument.
- Knowledge of music theory and ability to help other musicians learn and understand their parts.
Please refer to the Eastwind Community Church website at www.eastwindcc.com for a more complete job description. Qualified applicants can submit a resume, cover letter and relevant materials by email to: email@example.com, ATTN: Worship Pastor Search Committee.